Monday, May 11, 2015

Have mercy on me O Willingly Afflicted Lamb. Amen

I’ve been living with the enemy since conception. I’ve been ‘Washed’ but the enemy’s chokehold has remained firm and although I’ve been equipped with a 'Soldier’s Seal’ the misery of combat follows me like a humiliating shadow. I’ve been ‘Nourished weekly’ to head back to the battlefield only to find myself so easily famished that having barely left the Nurturing Table I am well willing  to ingest whatever may tantalize the palate. So I reveal the enemy-within to the Light who is want to come in and dine only to discover that the enemy-within seems to refract the rays of Light thereby lessening His radiance in my guerrilla warfare like soul. How is it that the enemy-within is allowed to remain when evening draws nigh so suddenly? The enemy-within makes everything seem so pleasant to one’s darkened understanding that the feeble will of Man learns to love its pleasantries  with little persuasion.
Face down in a losing trench I cannot help but wonder where the backup artillery is that has been promised. To what avail is the face down side of life? Does the trench reveal a secret to confound the enemy-within that is only learned while face down in its smothering grip?
I’ve been taught to believe and esteem the ‘Washing’, the ‘Seal’, the ‘Table’, and ‘the revealing to the Light’, but when experience shows them to be no match in appearance at least for the enemy-within’s staggering feet what is one to do. I know not what to do. I am lost in the dark it seems with no comfort except from the enemy-within. Where O Lord is the grace that is sufficient for my need? Where is the power that is manifested in my weakness? Have mercy on me O Willingly Afflicted Lamb. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment