Friday, June 13, 2014

A prayer before Our Eucharistic Lord

In the Spirit's gift of unconquerable faith I fall to my knees in recognition of the real presence of the sacrificial Victim by whose death You've willed to reconcile us to Yourself. I bow before His substantial Presence in gratitude for His reconciling Victimhood, a Victimhood that abides shrouded in silence which I hope to enthrone with my praises, the defects of which I ask Your pardon.
Jesus, Lord, You are the Word made flesh at whose invitation I find myself kneeling in adoration in the hope of beholding even a glimpse of Your glory as You silently, patiently, and lovingly 'tabernacle' among us. Lure me into Your bosom where beloved disciples are made and nourish me thoroughly upon the love that has been lifted up where heaven and earth unite in the mystery of love to the end, the very mystery I now seek to penetrate with eyes of faith, eyes often clouded by the blindness of sin. Forgive me, hold me, love me. I beg You to 'tabernacle' in my heart so that I may discover the joy of being immolated in imitation of Your reconciling victimhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment