Monday, June 16, 2014

Consecration in the Hands of the Consecrated One

My Jesus, Lord, I follow where holy faith leads. It leads to where my intellect cries “how?” It leads to where my senses say “never”, “impossible.” And yet I follow where holy faith leads because it leads me to You? And so here I am kneeling before You, adoring You, loving You, praising and thanking You while my proud intellect learns to submit to sacred silence as the mystery of faith seeks to enlarge its territory within my heart.
I consecrate my proud intellect to Your Divine Presence here in the Eucharist where sharing in the burden of Your love I hope to unlearn all those things which would have me doubt a Presence so Real, so True, so Substantial.
Your Presence here, is the abiding testimony of Your desire to reconcile through Your sacrificial victimhood the human will with the divine will. To honor Your Divine Presence I now consecrate to Your reconciling victimhood my weak will with its inclination toward love of self. The consecration of my will I make in the hope of knowing fully someday the peace of reclining upon Your bosom just as You are eternally leaning upon Your Father’s bosom.                                  
Finally, I consecrate my selfish heart to Your “pure, holy, and spotless” victimhood here Present in the sacramental mystery of the Word made flesh. Your silent abiding is the Altar upon which all love is purified and made ready for Trinitarian Communion the joyful vision of which I beg Your merciful indulgence in my soul’s regard. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment