Monday, October 6, 2014

O Love worthy of my self-abdication

O Love, worthy of my self-abdication, slow am I to give and weak am I at giving fully; grant me this treasured grace which I seek of Thee now of loving You compassionately. In Your mercy shower  upon me the delightful grief that precedes the thoughts and actions of Your saintly adorers thereby preserving them from the selfishness that inflicts grief upon the Most Benevolent of Lovers. Often I have grieved Thee being wilfully neglectful of the claims Thy unmerited clemency and charity rightly have upon my very existence and so confronted with this hazardous portfolio of self I beg Thee to accomplish within me a gratitude so strong and fresh that it would accompany my every thought, word and deed as if fulfilling the Providential role of those Blessed Angels of guidance who gleefully behold unceasingly Your all-loving face such that the weight of so many reminders of love freely bestowed would stunt in their conceptual tracks any germination of the seeds of infidelity and betrayal. Be pleased O Pleasant Heart of Love to bleed me free from a love of self that honours not the duty to love on bended knee the Will that was pleased so unselfishly to honour me even at great pains to Self. Teach me O Beautiful Beast of Burden the justice that renders its due in cruciform love. Love’s Strength and Longevity, persuade my drifting loyalty that “stolen water” is not in fact “sweeter” but rancid and stagnant causing a thirst that only blisters the tongue with selfish delight. Grant that I may not grieve nor sully the Innocence with which You love me born as it is out of the Divine Child’s playfully excitable Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment