Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A prayer that I pray before the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass

Father Most Mystical, You are clothed in praises too lofty for my tongue to utter and yet You have chosen me to stand before You and to speak to You on behalf of Your children, my  brothers and sisters through Holy Baptism. Grant to me Almighty Father a heart that is ever prostrate in loving confidence before You and a mind that is truly enlightened and dazzled by the thought of You so much so that when I stand where only those may stand who have been beckoned forth by You they may know that You are Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus and that it brings You great pleasure to rip the heavens asunder so as to pour forth Your Holy Spirit upon them whom You continue to redeem through the Perfect Sacrifice of Your Son, the Spotless Lamb upon whom we are fed unto eternal life and in whose person I stand in the breach for the sake of Your little ones. Father, I beg of You that it may never be said of me, 'he saved others but could not save himself.' For to be separated from the Communion that is Yours with the Son in the Holy Spirit would be a perpetual heart-attack for I acknowledge amidst my sinfulness even my willful sins that my heart is hungry for You alone and that if I were to be separated from You for all eternity then I would honestly have to say that I never experienced any happiness at all because to be happy to me is to be happy in full and You allowed me by Your grace in this life to know that my heart was hungry for a love, Your love, that this world was too feeble to give. As the Psalmist says, 'Of You my heart has spoken: Seek His face.' Father all-powerful God protect me and grant me a love for You that resembles the fly that being so drawn by the light of the candle becomes consumed in it's flame without any hesitation for it's own life on account of the most-pleasing nature of the lights brilliance. I ask this through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, in whose Spirit I now ascend the steps of the Altar so as to renew the Sacrifice of our Redemption. Amen. (409)

No comments:

Post a Comment